Join LGCM as we taste some of Chile’s most delicious and prestigious wines! Our tasting will be led by Chilean wine expert Jorge Liloy of MundoVino Imports, and will feature wines from Cousiño-Macul, and Lapostolle.
This tasting will share the story of these historic and award winning wineries, help you discover Chilean wine, and, of course, try 7 wines at a variety of price points! We’ll also have light snacks to go with your wine.
The wines will be available to order at special event pricing, and they’re stunning values that we think you’ll enjoy. We are scheduled to be tasting these wines:
• Cousiño-Macul Lota Red – the winery’s most prestigious wine, a blend of Cabernet and Merlot that come together harmoniously in this delicious wine.
• Cousiño-Macul Finis Terrae Red – a blend of Cabernet, Merlot, and Syrah, this blend is unique, rich, and well structured.
• Cousiño-Macul Antiguas Reservas Cabernet Sauvignon – this is an unbelievable value for an “everyday” wine. Structure, fruit, and lots of character.
• Cousiño-Macul Chardonnay – fresh, yummy, and delicious, you’ll enjoy this perfect example of Chilean Chardonnay.
• Lapostolle Le Petit Clos Apalta – the “little brother” to Lapostolle’s legendary Clos Apalta blend, this wine is hardly a lesser wine. It’s a beautifully made blend that shows the best of Chilean wine making.
• Lapostolle Carmenere Cuvee Alexandre – discover Chile’s signature grape Carmenere with this well made example.
• Lapostolle Grand Selection Sauvignon Blanc – this is a crisp, mineral driven Sauvignon Blanc that combines elements of Sauvignon Blanc from both New Zealand and France.
This tasting is part of Lake Geneva Restaurant Week, so be sure to stay in Lake Geneva for more fun culinary events, as well as special prix fixe menues at many of Lake Geneva’s finest dining establishments. You can get details at lakegenevarestaurantweek.com.