If you love New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, you can’t miss this event – we’ll be tasting 4 Sauvignon Blancs from Marlborough, New Zealand, including three from specific sub-regions of the well known Marlborough province.
We will be joined by Will from Astrolabe Wines, who will walk us through tasting 5 different wines produced by Astrolabe. We’ve been able to secure a limited amount of each of these wines (very few cases make it to America) and are excited to share these unique wines with you. The wines are:
• Astrolabe Wrekin Valley Chenin Blanc – something different than your standard NZ Sauvignon Blanc, this wine has apple, honeysuckle, and a touch of vanilla flavor. $25.99 regular cost.
• Astrolabe Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc – a Sauvignon Blanc for every day drinking with lemon, lime, gooseberry, and grapefruit flavors. $18.99 regular cost.
• Astrolabe Awatere Valley Sauvignon Blanc – focusing on the unique qualities of the Awatere sub-region, this wine has a bit more fresh herb, and dry savory finish than some other New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs. $25.99 regular cost.
• Astrolabe Kekerengu Coast Sauvignon Blanc – focusing on the flavor of Kekerengu, which is right against the coast, this wine has a bone-dry, almost salty finish to the wine. $25.99 regular cost.
• Astrolabe Taihoa Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc – a single vineyard Sauvignon Blanc, this wine expresses the exceptional qualities of the Taihoa vineyard. This wine is fuller bodied, and possesses big fruit flavors as well as mineral notes on the finish. $39.99 regular cost.
Light snacks will be available for your enjoyment, and all of the wines sampled will be available for purchase at a special event price.