We try to keep our recipes simple so that you don’t have to make a trip to a specialty spice store every time you want to make a recipe you see on our website. Some recipes call for exotic ingredients, but you’ll be able to make most of our recipes with these items:
- Salt – we generally use kosher for most purposes.
- Black Pepper – we like to use fresh ground pepper for extra flavor.
- Olive oil and vegetable oil – vegetable oil works better for cooking many recipes, but olive oil has better flavor.
- All-purpose flour.
- White & brown sugar.
- LGCM Ultimate Steak & Roast Rub or other similar Montreal-style blend for beef.
- BBQ seasoning blend – our Rump Rubs or Pork Barbecue Spice are excellent choices.
- Italian seasoning blend.
- Taco / Fajita / Southwest seasoning blend.
- Dried basil.
- Cayenne pepper.
- Chili powder.
- Garlic powder.
- Parsley flakes.
- Seasoned salt like Lawry’s.
LIQUIDS & SAUCES
- Broth concentrate like you can get at LGCM – we have beef, chicken and veggie available. They all have long shelf lives and great flavor!
- Dijon mustard.
- Hot sauce.
- Soy sauce.
- Tomato paste.
- Worcestershire sauce.