LGCM Garden Box Program
Do you love fresh, locally grown produce but don’t have the time to hit the Farmer’s Market? We have the solution for you – the LGCM Garden Box program! We’ve teamed up with our neighbors at The Farmstead to offer you a rotating selection of seasonal, local produce available for convenient weekly pickup at Lake Geneva Country Meats. Unlike a traditional CSA program, the Garden Box program allows you to see what each week’s box contains prior to ordering, and you are not committed to a full season.
Joining the LGCM Garden Box program is simple – just fill out our order form each week you’d like to pick up a box! Purchase credits online using this link, and use them to pick up boxes. 1 credit = 1 week of produce. Each credit costs $15, and you must purchase credits online to pick your box up in-store.
More information about the program is below, along with the weekly order form. Thanks for your interest in local agriculture!
The LGCM & Farmstead Teams
ORDER THIS WEEK’S BOX!
Ordering one of our Garden Boxes from The Farmstead is easy. Here are the steps:
- On Monday, we’ll post what’s available in this week’s box. Take a look at what’s in the box.
- Place your order for this week’s box before 4:00 PM on Wednesday using the form below – remember, you must purchase credits online to claim these in-store!
- Pick up your box on Saturday between 8 AM – 3 PM, Sunday between 10 AM – 2 PM, or Monday between 8 AM – 6 PM. We will donate boxes that aren’t picked up.
- Repeat for the next week!
If you haven’t purchased credits, please use this link to purchase credits before you pick up your box. We’ll see you soon at Lake Geneva Country Meats!
BOX #17: PICKUP 10/12, 10/13, OR 10/14
It’s the last week to get a Garden Box, and this box is packed full of goodies to get you set for winter. Here’s what’s in this week’s box:
- 1 bunch Kale
- 1 bag Spinach
- 1 Eggplant
- 2 Onions (1 yellow + 1 white)
- 1# Red Potatoes
- 1.5# Yukon Gold Potatoes
We hope you enjoy this delicious box!
Garden Box Order Form
Common Questions about Our Garden Box Program
Check out the answers to some of the questions we hear the most by browsing the tabs below.
The Farmstead is a family-owned small vegetable farm located just 2 miles down the road from Lake Geneva Country Meats. Founded in 2018, The Farmstead has a focus on sustainably growing fresh, healthy produce & relationships, sharing with our neighbors, and bringing glory to God. The Farmstead offers their produce via a seasonal CSA program, at local farmers markets, and now, at Lake Geneva Country Meats! It’s a pleasure to work with Vijay and Beth, and we’re super excited to have the opportunity to share their delicious produce products with you
The contents of each box will vary based on seasonal availability. We hope to offer you some familiar vegetables, and some not so familiar vegetables. Some weeks will have more options than other, but that’s the beauty of seasonal produce. Please see below for a sample schedule of available items.
Each Monday, we will publish what is in each week’s box on this page. If you are interested in that week’s box, fill out the order form before 4:00 PM on Wednesday. We’ll have your box ready for you to pick up on your choice of the Saturday, Sunday, or Monday following your order date. Remember, you must purchase Garden Box credits online to get your box!
Due to the perishable nature of the produce, we ask that you commit to purchasing these products before they are picked. By pre-buying credits, we are able to guarantee income to The Farmstead, and help them grow their business, and support small, local agriculture.
Definitely! Just let us know how many boxes you would like in the order form.
A few things:
- All dates are subject to change, based on weather. This is Wisconsin, and we can’t control the weather. This means the start and / or end of the growing season may be earlier or later than initially expected.
- There are no refunds on credits or unclaimed produce. We will donate unclaimed produce, and the value of unused credits to local food pantries.
- We cannot guarantee what is in each box, and you cannot make any substitutions. Enjoy discovering and cooking with new items!