Friends, we are anxious right now, and we’re guessing some of you probably are as well. We’re anxious about the election, we’re anxious about the growing spread of COVID, and we’re a little antsy about the change of seasons as well. We talk through some of our concerns, but also have some good news and are excited to share our Halloween costumes! To see the costumes, just check out this episode’s cover art – we updated it with the pictures.
Here’s everything we talked about on this week’s episode:
- Bridget is getting great satisfaction from these beautiful color palettes drawn from movie scenes. They’re really cool, check them out!
- You know Nick loves the NY Times, and they recently did some reporting on a very important subject for Lake Geneva Country Meats: how will coronavirus impact Thanksgiving turkeys!
- You know Bridget has a love of items with clever sayings, and these microwave safe cookware items have some great ones. Check them out on Instagram.
- Nick is recommending a Christmas gift pack of Korean pantry staples with the following items:
- Doenjang (soybean paste) is savory and can be used for a number of applications outside of Korean food when you want to add savoriness to a dish.
- Gochujang (hot pepper paste) is a spicy paste used in conjunction with doenjang to make a spicy and savory rub or marinade for your favorite Korean BBQ dishes.
- Rice syrup is a traditional sweetener that brings something different to the table than honey or sugar and is a Korean staple.
- Bridget is going to get her comfort food on with this yummy Italian Sausage Stuffed Shell recipe.
- And Nick is going to bring a little spice to his life with this Thai Sweet Chili Pork Chops with Chopped Salad recipe.
You can listen online with the player below, or click the links to listen on your favorite podcast service.
We hope you had a great Halloween and that you make it through this next (very stressful) week with your sanity intact! If you can please subscribe, rate us, review us, and share with your friends, we’d really appreciate it! Remember, you can watch this episode on our YouTube channel, and you can follow us on Facebook and Instagram for extra content, or drop us a line at hello /at/ dinnerplusdrinks /dot/ com.
Thanks for listening, we’ll be back next week to help get through whatever happened!
~ Bridget and Nick
*If you purchase items using our links, we may receive a small commission. Thank you for helping support our podcast!