30 Minute Meals is a series from LGCM dedicated to helping you get a delicious dinner on the tables quickly!
What’s the Meal?
This installment of 30 Minute Meals is Creamy Pork Chops with Potatoes and Green Beans! In addition to being a quick recipe, this is an EASY recipe that will please a crowd. Simply cook Pork Chops in Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup and then serve them over baked potatoes with green beans on the side. The creamy pork chop sauce is great on the potatoes! People will think you did something special when really it’s just from a can! This meal will easily feed 3-4 people or 2 can enjoy and have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
What’s My Shopping List?
- 4 LGCM 1/2″ thick Bone-In Pork Chops
- 2 ct. 10.5 oz. cans Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2-3 Idaho Potatoes (2 if you’re lighter eaters, 3 if you’re heavier eaters)
- Green Beans – 1 bag from LGCM, 2 if you really like green beans!
How do I Make the Meal?
- Start by “baking” the potatoes in the microwave. To do this, wash the outside of the potatoes, then lightly brush them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the potatoes on a microwave safe plate and prick them all over with a fork. Microwave for 18 minutes on high for 2 potatoes or 25 minutes on high for 3 potatoes. Depending on your microwave, you may have to cook longer to make sure they are soft throughout.
- Follow our Campbell’s Creamy Pork Chops recipe to make the Pork Chops. To do this, simply sear the Pork Chops in a large skillet over medium high heat. Then add in the soup and some water and bring to a boil. Reduce to low, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- While the pork is simmering, sautee the green beans by melting 1 tbsp. of butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the green beans and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until tender.
- If you started with the potatoes, they should be done first. Carefully remove them from the hot plate, cut them in half and smash one half on each plate. Season lightly with salt, pepper and butter if desired.
- Serve Pork Chop and Mushroom Cream Sauce from pan that you cooked the Chop in over the poatoes with the green beans on the side.
- If you enjoy an adult beverage with your food, pair this dinner with a California Pinot Noir or a rich stout beer. Enjoy!
Where Can I Find Detailed Cooking Instructions?
Here’s the component recipes / cooking instructions for this meal:
- Campbell’s Creamy Pork Chops from LGCM and Campbell’s Soups
- Sauteed Green Beans from Robin Miller and the Food Network (she adds almonds…we don’t, but you can!)
- How to Bake a Potato in the Microwave from WikiHow
Thanks for reading 30 Minute Dinners, our series dedicated to helping you get a delicious dinner on the tables quickly. We hope you enjoyed this installment – subscribe to our email list or keep checking our blog to get more great content from LGCM!