Lake Geneva Country Meats loves supporting the community that helps support us, so new in 2022, we’ve decided to support student groups at Badger High School with a special bratwurst: the Badger Brat!
UPDATE: So far we’ve donated $290 to Badger High School organizations! Thank you for your help in this venture.
Badger High School brings together students from multiple communities in the area; the city and town of Lake Geneva, Springfield, Lyons, Genoa City, Pell Lake, Bloomfield, and Lake Como. It is our local high school, and we work with academic departments such as the agri-science and culinary departments throughout the year to provide educational opportunities.
We wanted to go beyond the educational connection and introduce an opportunity for you, our customers, to get involved and help us provide financial support to student groups to expand their capabilities. Hence the Badger brat!
The Badger Brat is a brand new red and white pork and beef bratwurst that is sure to appeal to sausage lovers everywhere. We’ve seasoned this with a tangy and sweet spice mix and stuffed it with mild pimiento peppers and gooey Wisconsin Mozzarella cheese. We think this one is going to be a huge hit!
When you buy a Badger Brat, we will donate $1 per pound (25¢ per link) to a different student group each month during the school year. We will have the Badger Brat available fresh or frozen all school year long…unless we get an unexpected sales rush, that is!
Here’s the list of student organizations we will be supporting in the 2022 – 2023 school year:
- OCTOBER: The Badger Booster Club. While it’s not technically a student group, the Badger Booster Club raises funds to support athletes across the Badger High School district. $158 donated!!
- NOVEMBER: DECA. DECA prepares students for future careers in business with exposure to marketing, finance, hospitality, and management activities. $132 donated!
- DECEMBER: Badger High School ProStart Culinary and Management Teams. ProStart is a nationally recognized program that provides students hands-on education in the culinary and hospitality management fields. Check out some of our past collaborations with the group!
- JANUARY: Up & Out. This student run organization is centered around philanthropy and is geared towards students helping other students with various financial and other needs!
- FEBRUARY: Badger FFA – For the Future of Agriculture. One of our favorite clubs at Badger, FFA makes a positive difference in the students with one semester of agricultural classes by developing their potential for leadership, growth, and career success.
- MARCH: The Badger High School Music Department. Badger High School’s music department spans band, choir, and orchestra with hundreds of students enrolled. We’re proud to be involved with the department’s tradition of excellence!
- APRIL: The Badger High School Gay-Straight Alliance – a club open to all students to provide an inclusive place for students to meet, support each other, and talk about issues related to sexual orientation.
- MAY: The Badger High School Endowment Fund – we’re ending with another group that’s not student run, but exists to raise money to award scholarships for post-secondary education to deserving students.
We hope you’ll visit us at Lake Geneva Country Meats at least one each money to pick up a package of brats and support each of these worthy causes. Check back throughout the year for updates on donations to see how much money we raise.