Honey, yogurt, lemon and garlic is a classic Greek flavor combination and works perfectly for these tender, impossible to resist chicken wings. Rubbing them with baking powder and lemon pepper seasoning before baking creates the same crispiness as if they were fried. For extra crispy wings, bake them on a wire rack placed on top of a baking sheet. If you like heat, add hot sauce to the honey and butter drizzle.
- 1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 tsp Sweet Paprika (optional)
- 2 lb(s) Chicken Wings (tips cut and discarded)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil (or avocado oil)
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 Lemon (wedges for serving)
- Lemon Juice (of whole lemon)
- 2/3 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Mint (dried. Or 1/2 Tbsp. fresh)
- 1/2 tsp Dill (dried. Or 1/2 Tbsp. fresh)
- 1/2 tsp Oregano (dried. Or 1/2 Tbsp. fresh)
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil (or avocado oil)
- 2 Garlic Clove (large)
Heat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with silicon mat or parchment paper and set aside.
Mix baking powder, lemon pepper seasoning and paprika, if using, and rub the chicken wings with the mixture.
Arrange wings in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle the avocado oil on top. Bake until crispy and golden brown, about 40 to 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk all dipping sauce ingredients in a bowl and season to taste. Refrigerate until needed.
As soon as the wings are ready, heat butter and honey together, stir in lemon juice and drizzle over the wings, tossing to evenly coated.
Transfer to a platter and serve immediately with the sauce.