Gather your friends and head down to Hill Valley Dairy’s Wine Bar to kick off your holiday season with a wine & cheese tasting. Hill Valley Dairy cheesemaker, Ron and Lake Geneva Country Meats wine expert, Nick have worked together to expertly pair 3 cheeses with 3 wines for you to try.
If you find one your love, stick around and enjoy a glass, shop for some cheese or find the perfect wine for your holiday gatherings.
This will be an event series with a different theme each week.
We’re headed to Northern Italy to enjoy aromatic cheeses that showcase a variety of textures paired with aromatic wines with a variety of mouthfeels from bubbly to crisp to rich. You get to pick what you enjoy the most! This evening imagine you’re sitting on the shores of Lake Como (George Clooney’s Lake Como, not the one right down the road), relax, and enjoy Italian-style cheese and wines!
Below is what you’ll be tasting:
- Cheese 1: Landmark Creamery Poona – a sheep’s milk cheese made in Taleggio-style…pudgy, washed rind, and delicious!
- Cheese 2: Hill Valley Dairy Mountain Rind Alpine – a cow’s milk cheese with a rich rind on the outside for you to enjoy or carve off!
- Cheese 3: Sartori SarVecchio Parmesan – classic Parmesan flavor made right in Wisconsin!
- Wine 1: Pieropan Soave – an aromatic, dry Italian white wine that’s great with cheese.
- Wine 2: Cavicchioli Lambrusco – we know you may eye-roll at Lambrusco “that’s what we drank in the 60’s!” but we promise it’s incredible with these cheeses!
- Wine 3: Bolla Valpolicella Ripasso – a rich and smooth Italian red wine to warm you up this Holiday season!
Price is inclusive of tip. Taxes and processing fee charged at checkout. Additional wine may be purchased at the event.