30 Minute Meals is a series from LGCM dedicated to helping you get a delicious dinner on the tables quickly!
What’s the Meal?
Tacos are delicious. It’s really hard to deny that tacos are delicious. You can go out and get greasy tacos or you can make tacos at home and have super delicious fresh tacos. This dinner will be a quick, easy taco dinner with Mexican rice that your entire family will love. Using turkey for the tacos will dinner light and fresh, but we’ll add enough flavor to the tacos that you won’t be asking “where’s the beef??!”
What’s My Shopping List?
- 1# Ground Turkey from LGCM – defrosted before cooking.
- An Onion.
- Chicken Broth.
- Seasonings like olive oil, tomato paste, chili powder, salt and pepper if you don’t have them around the house.
- Your favorite taco toppings and taco shells.
- A box of Goya Mexican Rice.
How do I Make the Meal?
- Get the rice started cooking by boiling a pot of water. Once the water is boiling, add the rice and seasoning packet from the box of Goya Mexican rice. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Start cooking the tacos by cooking the onion in a large pan. Once the onions are clear, add the ground turkey to the pan and cook on medium high heat for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and taco seasonings to the turkey, then pour in the chicken broth. Reduce the heat and cook until the liquid has thickened.
- Drain the taco meat and set it aside.
- Start making tacos and serve with Mexican rice on the side. Enjoy your Turkey Taco Fiesta!
Where Can I Find Detailed Cooking Instructions?
- If you’d like our full instructions for our Turkey Tacos, you can click here.
- The Mexican rice is very easy to make and has directions on the box. If you’d like to make a batch from scratch though, here’s a recipe.
Thanks for reading 30 Minute Dinners, our series dedicated to helping you get a delicious dinner on the tables quickly. We hope you enjoyed this installment – subscribe to our email list or keep checking our blog to get more great content from LGCM!