We don’t know anyone who won’t be glad to see the back of 2020 and welcome 2021 with open arms! Celebrate this New Year with a delicious feast from lake Geneva Country Meats that’s paired with a superb bottle of sparkling wine. Whether you opt for the luxury that is French Champagne, or pick a more wallet friendly alternative from elsewhere, Lake Geneva Country Meats has a variety of sparkling wines to make your celebration memorable. Here are a few of our top picks to enjoy this New Year’s Eve.
Wallet Friendly Bottles
We love finding bottles that don’t cost a bunch but taste absolutely delicious. We have three bottles of sparkling wine that fit this bill and will be perfect for your New Year’s celebration. They’re such great values they may even find their way into your every day wine rotation!
- Segura Viudas Brut Cava – one of our favorite bottles of wine to recommend year round, this Spanish sparkling wine has pleasant tropical and citrus fruit flavors with lots of pleasant bubbles and a touch of earthiness on the finish. It’s a great food pairing wine, excellent for mimosas, or perfect for a quick toast. $8.99.
- Segura Viudas Rosé Cava – the pink version of Segura Viudas, this wine has more strawberrry and raspberry flavors to go with the bubbles. It’s a fabulous food pairing wine and is a great choice to enjoy with people who don’t like super dry wines. $8.99.
- Gran Passione Prosecco – this Italian sparkling wine is crisp and refreshing with smaller bubbles than the Spanish wines. It has green apple and floral notes with just a touch of sweetness. This wine is all about those delightful little bubbles and is great for sipping as you enjoy the New Year celebrations. $9.99.
If you’re looking for a full rundown on great bottles of sparkling wine under $15, watch the newest episode of our Pinkies Up wine series on YouTube. We try 7 different bottles and deliver a verdict!
These bottles are all priced under $20 and deliver great quality without having to spend the big bucks. These bottles are good enough to stand up to the best quality of food and we’re sure everyone at your party will appreciate these bottles.
- Charles Armand Blanc de Blanc – a richly effervescent French sparkling wine, this bottle delivers golden apple, peach, and apricot flavors with a soft finish. We love this for a midnight toast or to pair with a rich dinner. $14.99.
- Decoy Brut – Decoy got into the sparkling wine game with this bottle that has baked apple, white peach, and orange zest notes with a touch of sweetness and bright acidity. It’s a solid bottle of sparkling wine from one of America’s favorite wine brands that will suit any time you need a bottle of bubbles. $19.99.
- Scharffenberger Brut – a classic American sparkling wine from California, this is richly textured with mango and vanilla notes. One of the best values in American sparkling wine, this wine is easy to enjoy all party long! $16.99.
If you like sweet wines, there are delicious sparkling wines for you. These two bottles are some of our most popular wines year round, and are sure to make your New Year sweet – hopefully that’s a good sign for 2021!
- Just Peachy – this sparkling French wine with peach juice added is a delightful bubbly treat with sweet peach juice added. If you like sweet peach flavors, this bottle is for you! $7.99.
- Tropical Mango Moscato – we love the fruity mango flavors in this Italian sparkling wine. It’s not super bubbly but very sweet and very yummy. $11.99.
New Year’s Treats
If you want to get the best for your New Year’s celebration, we have to recommend French Champagne. The original sparkling wine, Champagne delivers rich bubbles, terrific flavor and makes your occassion something special. Here are two of our favorite champagnes.
- Leclerc Briant Réserve Brut Champagne – a very crisp, dry, and refreshing Champagne with almond and green apple flavors. If you are looking for a Champagne that delivers a clean drinking experience, this bottle is the one for you! $49.99.
- Pol Roger Brut Champagne – my personal favorite bottle of sparkling wine, this French wine has rich brioche and yeast aromas balanced by floral and green apple notes. This wine delivers complex flavors and a long finish that still is incredibly refreshing. Perfect for major celebrations! $49.99.
We hope you enjoyed reading our post about the Best Champagnes for New Years 2020 and that it helps you find a delicious bottle of wine to enjoy with your New Years feast.
Happy New Year – see you soon at Lake Geneva Country Meats!
*Must be 21 to purchase wine, tax extra, prices subject to change, availability not guaranteed.