2019 has been quite the year at Lake Geneva Country Meats! As is our tradition, here’s a wrap up of some of the highlights of 2019. Watch the video or keep reading to see all of the fun things that happened this year.
- In February, we won 22 awards from the German Butcher’s Association for our sausages, hams, and bacon!
- This year’s April Fool’s joke was a huge hit – we announced we would be offering drone delivery to the local area! Check out the announcement video by clicking here.
- In April, we also won 11 awards at the Wisconsin Cured Meat Championships. Check out the list, or watch this video on what it takes to win at this competition.
- This spring, we installed brand new shelving to freshen up our retail store and offer you more seasonings, side dishes, and pantry staples to go with your meats!
- In June, we launched our brand new Garden Box program with our neighbors at The Farmstead. This program was an easy way for you to enjoy fresh, seasonal, local veggies. Watch this video to learn more!
- In June, we donated $5,000 to the Alzheimers Association as part of Lake Geneva Restaurant Week. This was our 5th year supporting the Charity Check portion of Restaurant Week, and represented $25,000 donated to local causes.
- In September, our 2nd annual The Meats Beer Fest was a huge success, selling out and featuring great beers from Midwestern producers, and raised $700 for charity.
- In November, our annual Holiday Wine Tasting raised over $1,300 for charity, and was a great night out for well over 100 people.
- Finally, we were voted the best butcher shop in Walworth County for the ninth time in a row – thank you to everyone who voted for us!
- Ground beef was our top selling product – we sold over 40,000#, and that doesn’t even count burger patties!
- Ribeyes were our most popular steak – customers took home well over 10,000 ribeyes throughout the year. If we stacked those steaks on top of each other, they would have been the world’s tallest building until 1930.
- We sold over 70,000# of fresh sausages, and our top 5 flavors were:
- Portabella Mushroom & Swiss Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese & Green Pepper
- Onion & Garlic
- We made 9 new sausage flavors this year:
- Apple, Cheddar & Red Wine
- Garlic & Parmesan
- Mongolian Beef & Vegetable
- Oktoberfest Beer
- Smoked Italian with Sun Dried Tomatoes & Mozzarella
- Wheat Beer
- Wisconsin Three Cheese
- Everyone loves bacon! We sent more than 10,000# home with customers this year.
- We served more than 85,000 customers this year!
- December 23rd, 2019 was the busiest day in the store ever! Thank you to everyone who stopped out for Christmas goodies!
- Our most liked Facebook post was announcing the birth of Simona to Nick and his wife Sarah. We appreciate everyone’s kindness to Simona!
- The most popular recipes on our website were: