The corona virus is changing all of our lives, but we’re still here for you! This week’s episode has Nick & Bridget talking about how their lives are going in the current situation, plus meal plan tips for your shelter in place situation, tips on how you can start a “not pinky up” wine cellar, tips on how you can support local businesses in these trying times, ideas to entertain your kids, and lots more.
Listen using the player on this post, or listen on your favorite app using the links below.
BRIDGET & NICK’S RECIPE PICKS OF THE WEEK
- Nick is using ground pork instead of ground beef right now, so he’s loving this Japanese Pork Cabbage Roll recipe.
- Bridget stocked up on ground beef, so she loves this Lula Beef Kebab recipe, a traditional recipe from the Caucus area of Europe.
- Find ideas on new recipes to make to bring a little deliciousness to your isolation with our Weekly Meal Plan.
- We also took a mailbag from Jenny who asked about our favorite chicken recipes. Nick loves this Garam Masala Spatchcocked Whole Chicken recipe. Bridget loves all chicken. She likes buffalo chicken wraps, stir fries, and salads. There are literally too many recipes to share all of her favorite recipes.
TIPS TO SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES DURING THE CORONA VIRUS OUTBREAK
We all know it’s important to support our local restaurants by ordering takeaway while they’re unable to offer in-restaurant dining, but here are a few other ideas you may want to try if you have the ability to do so:
- There are a number of musicians, fitness teachers, and more offering free online streams, but there are also people offering paid classes to keep their income going. If you have steady income, try and support the people who are offering paid classes.
- Buy merchandise / gift cards from businesses to use after the corona virus quarantines are over. If you need some new clothes, why not represent your favorite local business when you buy the clothes?
- Keep your membership to the local gym, YMCA, or whatever else going through this situation, or at least pay out the current month.
- If you see a semi-truck driver in a restaurant drive through parking lot, offer to get them food, as they usually can’t drive their truck through the drive through, and this is now one of the only ways to get food on the road.
- Finally, if you are cancelling hair, nail, or similar appointments, try and at least Venmo a tip to your stylist or technician. They’re probably one of the bright spots of your life, so try and keep them in mind during this tough time!
RANDOM NEWS STORIES THAT ARE ENTERTAINING US THIS WEEK
- Check out Marble Racing! It’s so cool! Nick is using it as a substitute for normal sports action.
- Bridget is keeping up with The Happy Newspaper and Tank’s Good News. Here are a few of her favorite tidbits:
- PS – also check out these penguins roaming around the Shedd Aquarium.
A FEW IDEAS TO KEEP YOUR KIDS ENTERTAINED:
- Explore.org has a ton of really neat webcams you can watch!
- Check out this list of YouTube videos letting you take virtual rides of some of your favorite roller coasters without having to leave your house!
the D+D mailbag
Do you have questions related to your new situation during the Corona Virus lockdown? Want to hear us talk about something in specific, or have any other idea for the podcast? We hope you’ll contact us! We’ll either email you back with the answer, or we’ll discuss it on air. Use the form below to send us a question, or you can email us directly at hello <at> dinnerplusdrinks <dot> com.
Thanks for listening to our podcast, stay healthy, and we hope you have a great week!