Bridget and Nick wrapped up a fabulous Holiday season with a New Year's Eve to remember. We talk what we ate, crack open a beer, plus we share tips on how we like to organize, and answer a mailbag question about getting kids to try new foods.
Happy New Year! This week, we’re recapping our New Year’s celebrations, and looking forward to 2020 with a meal plan full of lean meats.
Use the player below to listen to this episode online, or click on the links below to listen using your favorite podcast app.
Listen using these apps:
this week’s recipe links
- Baked Lobster Tails – a recipe so easy even Bridget made a flawless Surf & Turf meal!
- Sous Vide Whole Tenderloin – Nick only roasted the head portion of a tenderloin, but this recipe works for however much you’d like to roast!
- Southwestern Chicken Bowl – super yummy, and easy to eat.
- Steakhouse Marinated Flank Steak – one of the easiest ways to make a flavorful flank steak, AND a lean cut of meat.
Get this week’s full meal plan featuring lean, and delicious meats by clicking here!
this week’s meat tip
Coulotte steaks are cut from the sirloin of beef, and have a great combination of rich beef flavor, marbling, and tenderness. They’re not the most tender or flavorful steak we have, but they’re also not the most expensive steak in the meat case! These are a certified lean steak, and are fast to grill or sauté in a cast iron pan.
Looking for recipe inspiration? Check out this Skillet Steaks with Sautéed Wild Mushrooms recipe (pictured above) from the Beef Council that use coulotte steaks!
These can be hard to find, so ask your local butcher shop (like LGCM) to cut you some!
what we were drinking
This week, we enjoyed a can of Maplewood Brewery & Distillery’s Juice Pants IPA. We love the juicy tropical fruit flavors in this beer from one of Chicago’s most fun breweries. Stop by Lake Geneva Country Meats and try Juice Pants or any of Maplewood’s other beers!
products we talked about on this episode
- Knorr Brown Gravy – you can’t beat the simplicity and flavor of this classic gravy mix!
- Urban Accents Mesa Rosa Chipotle Spice Blend – buy it online from Urban Accents, or pick up in store at LGCM.
- Ink+Volt Planner – Nick loves this planner, and it comes in many beautiful colors!
- My Next 90 Days – Savor Life Planner – Bridget received this from her sister for Christmas, and is using it to “organize her beautiful chaos.”
- SOAIY Aurora Night Light Projector – Nick’s daughter Simona is really enjoying the Aurora patterns this night light projector is creating on our ceiling!
*Note – if you purchase using the links we provide, we may receive a small commission from certain sellers.
the D+D mailbag
Do you have a question for our mailbag? Have tips to share on getting picky eaters to try new foods? A great New Years resolution? We’d love to hear from you! Just fill out this form to get into our mailbag. We’ll get back to you, or discuss on air!
Thanks for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, rate the podcast, or share it with your friends. We appreciate all of your support.