Our Reuben Bratwurst is a delicious treat for fans of the reuben sandwich. This pork and beef bratwurst is seasoned with corned beef spices, Thousand Island flavor, and then stuffed with Swiss cheese and sauerkraut. It has all the flavor of the sandwich without the effort of preparing a complicated sandwich! You can serve this bratwurst on a bun with Thousand Island dressing, shredded Swiss cheese, and crunchy rye croutons on top.
You can also turn this bratwurst into an incredible sandwich by following these instructions:
- Cook a reuben bratwurst by broiling it on low for about 10 minutes per side, flipping once, until it is browned on the outside, cooked through, and the internal temperature is 165ºF.
- Once the bratwurst is done cooking, let it cool for five minutes, then make a long slice down the middle of the bratwurst so that you have two long pieces of bratwurst, each with a flat side showing the meat and one side with the casing showing.
- Take two slices of rye bread and butter one side of each. Place one slice butter side down then add a layer of sauerkraut (squeeze it to remove excess water), next the sliced bratwurst, flat side down, then finally two slices of Swiss cheese.
- Spread a layer of Thousand Island or Russian dressing on the unbuttered side of the second piece of bread and place the bread, dressing side down, on top of the sandwich.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat and then place the sandwich on the skillet, butter side down. Flip after about 2 – 3 minutes when the bread is toasted. Cook for another 2 – 3 minutes until the other slice is toasted.
- Enjoy your grilled reuben bratwurst sandwich!
This is a limited edition bratwurst that we make for St. Patrick’s Day and select other weekends each year. Give us a call at 262-248-3339 and select option 3 to speak to a Meat Ambassador to see if we have it in stock today!